This is an entry level technical position with training provided, working under limited supervision, to perform pre-installation signal testing for Open Broadband locations. All equipment will be provided other than a laptop. This position has room for advancement within the company, and will gain valuable skills in wireless internet.
● Locate address of customers, identify the side of the house closest to the antenna by comparing the house location to the closest tower using Google Maps.
● Set-up appropriate testing equipment and determine if the customer is currently serviceable.
● If the customer is not currently serviceable, indicate the main reasons why the customer doesn’t seem to be serviceable such as trees, hills, etc. as well as any thoughts on how the customer could ever become serviceable.
● If the customer is serviceable document all applicable details to assist the installer.
● Must have own vehicle to travel to test sites.
● Maintain accurate records such as but not limited to time worked and addresses surveyed. Properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders
● Perform other basic duties as assigned or requested by Open Broadband leadership, which may include leaving a flyer about the service at the residence.
● Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license with good driving record.
● Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
● Must possess own laptop to maintain records and properly document findings.
● Be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs and stand for long periods.
● Must be able to bend, lift, crawl, climb ladders, crouch, kneel, pull, push and repetitive motions.
● Be able to perform activities both inside and outside, in any type of weather.
● High School Diploma/GED required, some technical knowledge on home Wi-Fi routers preferred.
● Previous experience in a customer facing position is desirable.
● This position will frequently involve face-to-face interaction with customers
● This position has the opportunity for advancement to an installer at a higher pay rate.
● This position has a flexible schedule. Ideally 10-15 hours a week and tester can tailor their hours around other activities.
● Ideally suited for a student or adult that is interested in flexible work around their other schedules.
● Much of the time will be spent driving and standing outdoors.