This is a technical position with training provided, working under limited supervision, to install internet service and conduct repairs for customers. We are a fast growing company with advancement opportunities as the company grows. The primary role is to drive to the customer's address, climb a ladder, install an antenna near the rooftop, make and run a Cat6 cable into the home, set up a home Wi-Fi router, and test system performance. The position is also responsible for service calls when a customer experiences a trouble, equipment needs to be replaced, a new cable run, or Wi-Fi router needs to be reset.
· Work on ladder and install antenna near rootop.
· Make connectors, install and route structured CAT6 cables.
· Test cables end-to-end to verify connectors and cables are good.
· Set up a home Wi-Fi router and test for internet service throughput.
· Label, run, clip and/or tie wrap cables to form nicely dressed bundles along the cable run, including slack where needed, and rain loops on outdoor runs.
· Install brackets, J-mounts, and other support structures to walls and poles.
· Install and align small wireless antennas, access points, web cameras, and small electronics such PoE adaptors and surge protectors.
· Assemble cabinets, enclosures, mounting brackets, and solar panel systems.
· Run ground wire to a grounding source.
· Clear the premises of all debris and materials after job is done.
· Educate customer on proper use of internet services and equipment, including future troubleshooting steps.
· Maintain accurate records such as but not limited to time worked, daily logs, gas sheets, expense logs as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders
· Perform other duties as assigned or requested by Open Broadband leadership.
· Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license with good driving record
· Must have a ladder that can reach 20+ feet, and a vehicle to transport it.
· Must be comfortable working outdoors on ladders and on rooftops
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear and professional manner.
· Be able to lift minimum of 50lbs
· Must be able to bend, lift, crawl, climb ladders, crouch, kneel, pull, push and repetitive motions
· Be able to perform activities both inside and outside, in any type of weather.
· Be able to work from heights such as on man lift, scissor and rooftops
Abilities and Knowledge
· Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
· Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
· Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 20-32 ft. high)
· Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs, eaves, platforms)
· Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
· Ability to travel to and from assigned location and company facilities
· Familiarity with computer operating systems, consumer communications devices (e.g. smartphones, routers, and wireless devices), and computer software applications
· Ability to complete documentation accurately
· High School Diploma/GED required, some technical school or military training preferred
· Prefer 1+ year equivalent experience in low voltage structured cabling
· Tower climbing experience is a plus, but not required
Certifications and/or Licenses Desired
· Preference will be given to candidates who can provide evidence of CPCT (Certified Premise Cabling Technician) certification by the FOA and/or by an accredited program.
· This position will frequently involve face-to-face interaction with customers
· Work may occasionally be in confined spaces and poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements and/or crawlspaces
· Work may occasionally have exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions
· Work on a flat roof if/where needed.
· Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
· Work performed frequently on a ladder, and near power lines and electricity
· Occasionally required to work overtime as the business needs dictate